Sunday, September 6, 2009

Respect the Wisdom of the Elderly

I was taught from a very young age to respect my elders otherwise risk losing respect of others toward you. I have very fond memories and lessons learned from seniors whom have crossed my path. I am richer and wiser today as a result of these experiences. For me it was my grandparents, followed by uncles, aunts and cousins and to the strangers whom by the end of our conversations were now referred to as friend.

My best friend in the early stages of manhood was my father. He was entering his senior years while I was becoming a young adult. Although his council and wisdom might be jaded by the love and admiration from his 3rd son, it remained insightful, beneficial and valuable...and still does to this day.

I love listening to seniors reminisce with poetic affection of days gone by but still have the swagger and strength to speak from the heart about wrongs they see today. As I now look back on the close of summer my mind is filled with images of countless numbers of seniors attending town hall meetings. Although the politicians and state controlled media outlets are mocking them with blind ambition driven by greed and self grandeur, I on the other hand would like to stop and thank them.

They have been around the block more than a few times and can see the obvious health care con and chose to let their voices be heard. They arrived in most instances far more informed than the Congressmen or Senators that are supposed to be representing them. They had the chutzpah to actually read the proposed legislation and know they are being railroaded.

They have identified the obvious;

The urgency that this must be done before the summer recess

A completely staged and rigged presidential infomercial

Lies about the language of the documents

Lies about the impact on our current policies

Lies about doctors surgical procedures and it's costs

Lies about the uninsured

Lies about the added costs

Lies about the added deficit

Union buy outs and pay offs

Sending in SEIU union goons and Acorn activists to muscle and shout their way into meetings

...and most recently so desperate to gather the clergy to make a last minute appeal of morality!

Now we are supposed to believe they suddenly have discovered a moral conscience but not ulterior motives? Be wise, respect and listen to your elders...they saw this one coming a mile away